ABOUT THE SHRUB GUY™
Certified in Parking Lot Salt Reduction by the State of New Hampshire and the University of New Hampshire
Click here to view cert.
Why call on The Shrub
First I bring to the table over 40 years of on the job training,
experience, technique, and understanding to the age old art of fashioned
hand pruning with all commercial tools, so I know the right way to prune.
(Of course, I do use gas
powered equipment also, but
I have to on certain types of plant or shrub material.)
I started in 1967, in the field of horticulture and floriculture. Graduated
from Essex Agriculture and Technical Institute—class of 1971. Held a
supervisors spraying license for 12 years in the state of MA (#187) and
a F1 and F3 pesticide license from the state of NH. I only use organic,
which is much safer when needed or requested when planting.
In all that time, I learned a lot and know a lot, but it's never
Even though I have many certifications in horticulture, am a certified
nursery specialist since 2006, I'm still now taking online courses in
I will study this field forever-because I Love it! And my customers deserve
it. Knowledge is power, but safety is #1
When I opened The Shrub Guy™ for business,
a friend of mine asked why someone should put me to work. I gave him a short
list that day, but I had
more time since then, so below is an expanded list of reasons to call The
- We are insured, registered, licensed and fully covered—100%, worker's compensation of $500,000 per team member.
- First I return all calls within 24 hours.
- I will come out to site for free estimates and free information
- I only book 1 month in advance, so we can do a lot of different
- I physically work with my team. (The owner on site all day,
what a concept!)
- Low overhead, because I own most of my equipment.
- You do not pay for large phone book ads.
- You do not pay for large newspaper ads.
- You do not pay for a fleet of trucks.
- You do not pay for a giant crew.
- You do not pay for a large insurance/coverage, but we carry
1million/2million liability policies.
- You do not pay for office staff ever. There is only 4 of us
and I do my own office work and sales.
- You do not pay for retail on plants, or materials. I give
all my clients discounts. That saves you 100's even 1000's of
dollars on plant material and product depending on the project
- You do not pay for large payrolls. You do not pay for large
overhead, we do not have one period. I run this with no waste
of time or money for YOU my customer.
- I pass on the savings to my customers, by charging just for
labor and dumping charges, nothing else.
- We finance all of our projects ourselves and get paid only
when done, and you're satisfied.
- All planting is guaranteed by TaXus Company for 3 years if I plant it.
- Safety is always #1.
- You get a CD of project pictures of your contract from beginning to end.
- I will beat any legitimate price or bid from my competitors for
services we do, because there is only one Shrub
- What we commit to do, what our contracts say, we do. All
our work is paid in full when we are done.
- References and testimonials are available on request. We have a lot of satisfied
and happy customers!
Commercial landscaping company The Shrub Guy™ provides commercial landscaping, landscape design, landscape maintenance, trimming and planting of shrubs, trees, bushes, hedges and flowers of all types, tree service and lawn maintenance by professional landscapers near Nashua NH and local Massachusetts communities.